Unlawful Presence

New Proposed USCIS Regulation Would Offer Relief to Unlawful Immigrants

A new regulation proposed by the USCIS would allow unlawful immigrants currently residing in the U.S. to apply for a provisional unlawful presence waiver prior to departing the United States. This new regulation is an attempt to provide some relief to persons who have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence in the U.S.

Find Out if this New Regulation Will Help you

H1B/TN Eligibility Based on 245(i)

Here is my case:

1993: Grandfather(permanent resident) files relative petition for my mother (unmarried with one child (me) )

Mom screws up and gets married.

1996: Illegal entry in US.

Feb. 2001: Grandfather(US Citizen Now) files relative petition for married daughter (my mother - married, 2 illegal children + 2 legal children)

Unlawful Presence in the US. However, I left the country to marry my fiancée. Are there any consequences?

I entered the United States illegaly in te year of Two Thousand and lived there for eleven years and got a driver's license and an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Three months ago I decided to leave the country and will get married to an american citizen in my home country, Brazil.
Will I be able to come back without trouble after the petition for a K-3 Spouse Visa?
Will the US immigration authorities be able to know that I was once in the country illegally?

spouse RIGHTS


green card

i came to united states end of 2007 with tourist visa of 5 years and i took 3 month in the airport and i kept extending my stay for almost 1 year and half and now i'm over stay
i'm from egypt and i have us citizen child she's almost 3 years old and that was the reason i couldnt go back to egypt and i had to stay here because if i did and my family knew that i had a baby with no marriage they will kill me and now i'm trying to be legal because i'm tired of being worry about everything


Hello, my husband is beening held in the immigration jail, in AZ. He has a APPROVED I130 from 2002. I was born in the usa ca. He came illegally from Mexico in 2001. and we got married in jan of 2002. we have 3 children together and i need help on helping he not get deported. He has a spousal abuse charge, he was under the influence of alcohol. If you could help in anyway that would be a prayer come true. we have a 9 year old boy who has to get surgey done in coming years and already has had two done.

Understanding Unlawful Presence

New USCIS Regulation for Unlawful Presence Waivers

Petition for mother's residency

i will be turning 21 in november 2011. i would like to petition for my mother's residence. she is from mexico and has been living in the US illegaly for over 21 years. i was planning on getting married this year to my boyfriend in the navy. i was wondering if i can still get married so i can petition for my mom. and if being married or not will delay the process. Do i have any other options?

Fiance visa

I'm a US citizen and my fiance is from Mexico. My fiance entered the US illegaly. My fiance is now living in the USA but he has a court date on March 2nd. He was stopped by the police last year and he was sent directly to immigration. This will be his first court. When he actually leaves the US I plan on filing for the fiance visa. I just want to know if that will be a problem. Or what do we do.
Thank you

My Husband

My husband had an appointment in Juarez on July 31, 2008. He was given a paper with Seccions 212(a)(9)(B)(II) and 212(a)(9)(C)(II) checked.

I was wondering, now that some time has passed, if there is anything that I can do or if anything has changed.

Please help me.

Syndicate content

NewsLetter Sign-up

Subscribe to our immigration law newsletter today and receive important updates about U.S. immigration law and information about great new resources we offer.