Immigration Law Services

P. Curtis & Associates, PLLC can assist you, your family member, or foreign national fiancee or fiance obtain lawful permanent residency in the United States. We also provide services to assist foreign musicians, artists, and other professionals obtain non-immigrant visas so that they can work in the United States. To learn more about the services we offer please visit one of the pages below.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status (AOS) is the process through which a person who entered the U.S. with a non-immigrant visa (tourist visa, fiancé visa, student visa, H1B, J1, etc.) obtains lawful permanent resident status in the U.S.

Retain Us for Your AOS Case

We assist clients apply for adjustment of status in a variety of scenarios. If you would like to retain us to handle your adjustment of status case please visit our new client page. If you would like a free case evaluation please complete our online case evaluation form.

E Visa

E Visa

The E category visa is useful for foreign business persons, investors, managers, and employees who need to stay in the United States for extended periods of time to oversee: 1) an enterprise that is engaged in trade between the United States and a foreign country; or 2) a major investment in the United States.

We assist individual foreign investors and foreign companies with U.S. subsidiaries applying for and obtain E class visas. If you would like to find out if you may qualify for an E visa and would like a free consultation please contact us.

K1 Fiance Visa

Fiance Visa

About the K1 Fiance Visa

The K-1 fiance visa is a visa that allows a United States citizen to bring their foreign national fiancé into the United States for the purpose of getting married. The K-1 fiance visa is not a green card and does not otherwise entitle your fiancé to stay in the United States. To be sure, a K-1 visa allows your finance to enter the United States one time within six (6) months of its issuance.

Naturalization & Citizenship

Naturalization & Citizenship Attorney

Overview of U.S. Citizenship Policy

P Visa

The P Visa

The P visa category is reserved for athletes who compete individually or as part of a team at an internationally recognized level; or alien who perform with, or are an integral part of, performances by an entertainment group that has received international recognition.

The P visa category may be useful for internationally renowned athletes or athletic groups such as tennis players or soccer teams who desire to compete in the United States or entertainment groups such as internationally recognized jazz or rock bands.

Recent changes to the P visa now allow for visas to be issued to minor league or other athletes, whether professional or not if the athlete performs at such a level that he or she has received international recognition.

The P visa is also useful for coaches of sports teams and amateur athlete of sports teams in the U.S. that are members of a foreign league or association.

If you are a professional or amateur athlete or a coach of an international team you may qualify for a P visa.

Please contact us for your free initial consultation and P visa evaluation.

TN Visa

TN Visa

The TN visa is a visa that was created under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and provides for temporary non-immigrant employment visas for Canadian and Mexican nationals. The TN visa is an exceptionally useful visa for Canadian and Mexican nationals because there is no annual numerical limitation on the number of TN visas that can be issued unlike other options like the H1B.

We have assisted Mexican and Canadian clients in a variety of industries to apply for and obtain TN visas. If you would like to know if you may qualify for a TN visa please contact us for a free initial consultation.

K3 Visa

The K3 visa is similar to the K1 visa process. However, the K3 visa is a non-immigrant visa for spouses of U.S. Citizens, not fiances. The purpose of the K3 spousal visa is to unite U.S. Citizens with their foreign national spouses pending approval of an immigrant visa application.

In order to apply for a K3 visa you must meet the following requirements:

  • Beneficiary must be married to a U.S. Citizen
  • U.S. Citizen must have filed a I-130 petition

A K3 beneficiary may bring his/her unmarried children to the U.S. as well in K4 status.

O1 Visa

Visas for Artists & Musicians

The O1 category visa is useful for artists, musicians, entertainers, lecturers, and other performers and persons of special talent who wish to come to the United States to perform. The O visa is a non-immigrant visa which may be granted for a period of time up to three years.

We have successfully assisted musicians, athletes, and other performing artists apply for and obtain O1 visas. If you think you may qualify for an O1 visa or would like to know if you may qualify please contact us for a free consultation.

Green Cards

Green Card

We assist U.S. Citizens and lawful permanent residents obtain immigrant visas for their foreign national children, spouses, parents, and other relatives. Our services include assistance with USCIS processing; National Visa Center processing; and Consular processing. If you would like to know if you or your family member qualifies for an immigrant visa please contact us for a free assessment.

Waivers of Inadmissibility

We assist prospective immigrants and their family members applying for family-based immigrant visas or K1 fiance visas immigrate to the United States who are inadmissible for a variety of reasons. Waiver applications can be very complicated and are not easily navigated without the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney.

New USCIS Regulation for Unlawful Presence Waivers

NewsLetter Sign-up

Subscribe to our immigration law newsletter today and receive important updates about U.S. immigration law and information about great new resources we offer.