green card

i came to united states end of 2007 with tourist visa of 5 years and i took 3 month in the airport and i kept extending my stay for almost 1 year and half and now i'm over stay
i'm from egypt and i have us citizen child she's almost 3 years old and that was the reason i couldnt go back to egypt and i had to stay here because if i did and my family knew that i had a baby with no marriage they will kill me and now i'm trying to be legal because i'm tired of being worry about everything



Phil's picture

Hi thank you for posting this

Hi thank you for posting this question. Without an immediate relative U.S. Citizen sponsor (like a husband) I am not sure you have many options to legalize your status. You may be able to make an asylum claim based on your fear of persecution for being a single mother but I know very little about asylum law. You should contact someone who is an expert in asylum claims.

Other Immigration Resources

NewsLetter Sign-up

Subscribe to our immigration law newsletter today and receive important updates about U.S. immigration law and information about great new resources we offer.